This Notice explains how information that may be collected may be used in connection with participation (typically Healthcare stakeholders and/or Patients) in market research with H-Research Asia SDN BHD.
At H-Research Asia, we take all privacy matters seriously. The nature of our business is to collect data on behalf of our research clients/sponsors. The types of research engagements we conduct include face to face, telephone and online market research.
All the data we collect is presented to the sponsors in aggregate form. We do not share any Personal Data with our clients. The only exception may be in the reporting of any Adverse Events mentioned during the course of the market research project; however, Personal Data would only be shared with respondent consent. In case of a refusal, your Personal Data will not be released as part of the reporting process.
H-Research Asia is proud to be member of EphMRA (European Pharmaceutical Market Research Association), and as such follow their guidance on all matters relating to market research codes of conduct, data protection and adverse event reporting.
- How/why are we collecting data?
- What personal data do we (possibly) collect?
- How do we protect personal data?
- Legal basis for processing of personal data
- For how long will we retain personal data?
- How do we protect personal data?
- Every person we collect data from has right to:
- We may sometimes be passed data (client’s target list), lawfully collected by our clients, who want us to ask their customers (typically HCPs) whether they would like to participate in market research and consultancy projects.
- Requesting and collecting data about respondents services which are suitable for their activity.
- As part of any market research surveys, we will always ask for your consent to do so.
- To assess applications for jobs opportunities we receive resume for.
- Full Name
- Company name (hospital)
- Job title
- Area of specialization
- Phone number
- Data relating to the subject of the market research study
- Audio/video recording of interviews for analysis and quality control
- We may collect additional data, only ever with your consent. You will be provided with the full details of the data we wish to collect at the time we ask for your consent.
- Data collected for the market research project is intended exclusively to inform decision-making within the client company. We will anonymise all personal data provided by you as soon as possible, and prior to data analysis.
- We will not sell, share, transfer, or rent any Personal data to any third-parties in ways different from what is disclosed in this Privacy Notice and our Terms and Conditions.
- We shall not process Personal Data in a way that is incompatible with the purposes for which it has been collected or subsequently authorized by you.
- To that end, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Data is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and current.
- Where you have given consent for the processing of data for a specific purpose.
- Processing is necessary to meet contractual obligations.
- Processing is necessary for purposes of legitimate interest pursued by our company but are in relation to goods and services that respondents use in their role.
- o third parties who provide a service to us such as market research fieldwork agencies, email services providers or data processors. We require these third parties to comply strictly with our instructions and data protection laws and we make sure that appropriate controls are in place.
- We enter into contracts with all our third parties and regularly monitor their activities to ensure they are complying with our policies and procedures.
- To third party client companies. We will have strict agreements with these companies to limit what they can do with the data we give them. We will always ask for you consent before passing on your personal data in this way.
- Where we are under duty to disclose your personal data in order to comply with law or the disclosure is ‘necessary’ for purposes of national security, taxation and criminal investigation or we have your written consent.
- Your data is kept only for the necessary.
- Operate the service in accordance with legal requirements and tax and accounting rules.
- Appropriate physical security at our office.
- Electronically stored Personal Data is stored on a secure network, and access to our electronic data systems requires user authentication via password or similar means.
- We will maintain, monitor, test, and upgrade data security policies, practices, and systems to assist in protecting the Personal Data that we collect.
- Access to personal data collected
- Delete or update personal data collected
- Restrict processing of your personal data
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
i. Have a right to obtain confirmation that your personal data is being processed.
ii. Request a copy of your personal data.
i. You can edit your personal data, including your address and contact details at any time. Please address requests to our Data Protection Officer (Renaud.Laune@H-Research-Asia.com).
ii. Any changes you have requested may take up to 28 days before they take effect so you may receive communication within this period.
i. We will continue to store your data, but not process it any further. We do this by retaining just enough of your personal data so we can ensure that the restriction is respected in the future.
i. You have the right to object to your personal data being processed, to marketing (including profiling) and for research purposes.
ii. If we process your personal data for the exercise or defence of legal claims or we can demonstrate compelling grounds that override your rights and freedoms we may not be able to fulfil your request. However, we will contact you to discuss further.
i. If you wish to lodge a complaint or seek advice from a supervisory authority please contact: The Office of the Information Commissioner: Renaud.Laune@H-Research-Asia.com
ii. Website: www.H-Research-Asia.com